As 2013 draws to a close it’s a good time for all sales professionals to sit back and reflect upon the successes and missed opportunities of the year. Spending a small portion of your holiday break to analyze the successful sales strategies you can use in 2014 will help set you on the right track to a record breaking new year!
Here are a few New Years Resolutions for sales professionals to keep in mind:
- Commit to doing one activity each and every day that improves not only your sales skills but also your personal development. Market trends and best business practices change constantly. Keep yourself well informed and keep your skills up to date so you can react appropriately to those changes.
- Commit to maintaining a positive attitude across all areas of your life. Successful sales professionals understand the changing nature of the business and meet any obstacles head on with a smile ready conquer them. Emulate this attitude and your numbers will reflect it!
- Commit to building your flexibility and adaptiveness when dealing with new sales processes and difficult customers. Quickly adjusting your attitude or typical way of doing business will enable you to provide the best possible service and maintain your high numbers while demonstrating a high level of professionalism and commitment to your organization.
- Commit to visiting or contacting all of your old customers to check in on them. You may find new sales with old clients or be rewarded with being referred to new clients based upon your high level of commitment and service.
- Commit to keeping your opportunity pipeline filled at all times. Don’t get sidetracked by a current sale and lose site of prospects that are still up and coming. Plan and strategize for the entire year not for the present.
There are a ton of excellent strategies that will keep you doing well in the upcoming year. Find ones that make sense for you and your business and commit to them over the course of 2014. Make this new year the best yet with these successful sales strategies!
Duane Campbell is a Global Accounts Manager for Jaroop, a web application development company that develops business intelligence, social interaction and client services for businesses. Jaroop is also the creator of the cloud based sales proposal application ClientSky, an online platform for professional service firms to generate, send and track sales proposals online. Duane can be reached at 860-357-2060 ext 302 or [email protected]